Freelance Translator / Writer - SPANISH, ENGLISH, ITALIAN, FRENCH.
MA in Translation Studies.
I have over 20 years experience working as a translator in various fields. I specialize in literary translation, focusing on poetry (see recent publications below), although I have also worked in Localization, (English-Spanish), as well as doing commercial and cultural translations.
I can offer editing and proofing services for texts in English and Spanish.
Recent literary translations published -
Italian to English:
1. Selected Poems, (poems by Daniela Raimondi), Gradiva, New York, 2013
2. Mindskin, (poems by Antonella Zagaroli), Chelsea Editions, New York, 2010
3. Other Signs, Other Circles, (poems by Annamaria Ferramosca), Chelsea Editions, New York, 2009
4. Poems from Liguria (selected poems by Lucetta Frisa), Trauben, Turin, 2009
5. Instructions on How to read a Newspaper, (poems by Valerio Magrelli), Chelsea Editions, New York, 2008
Spanish to English:
1. Killing Pythagoras (a novel by Marcos Chicot), available on amazon.com. (2013)
2. Editing & proofing of e-book, Biblioteca Literaria 2013, Instituto Cervantes, Dublin, Ireland, 2013
3. Selected Poems, (poems by Elsa Cross), Shearsman, UK, 2009
Pricing / Other services
Pricing of LITERARY translation depends on the complexity of the source language text and is evaluated on an individual basis after assessment of the source language text.
I try to work in collaboration with the author whenever possible, to ensure correct interpretation of the text.
COMMERCIAL/CULTURAL translation cost is EURO 0.08 cent per word.
Certification / Accreditation
MA in Applied Languages - Translation Studies (Dublin City University, Ireland)
BA Hons. (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
British Comparative Literature Association & British Centre for Literary Translation, Translation Prize, 2002