TRADUguide - Your Guide to Translators and Translation Agencies

For translators

Find a job  |   Conges terminology center  |   Agencies list  |   Feedback forum
Register as a freelance translator or an agency  |   My profile  |   My status
Become a featured member  |   Renew your featured membership

For job posters

Post a translation job to ask for quotes
Browse the translators directory
My account / My job postings

Home   |   This is how TRADUguide works   |   Contacts / Imprint auf Deutsch

Conges terminology question

<<Previous question

All questions

Next question>>

10 months ago

French-English-French  See profile asked this question:

Language pair:

French > English



Level of diffculty:

Easy / medium

Word or term in question:



Insigne de chevalier de 2e classe,
vermeil et émail, 3 poinçons (tête de
sanglier sur croix, deux fois le cygne sur
l’attache de la cravate), 55,7 mm, autour
de 1880, coll. H



The answer of martynback  See profile was rated best


My comment:

They could be "maker's marks", but the generic term is just a mark. You can't really call them hallmarks because hallmarks are specific to the UK Assay Office.