- Interpreting (cons.)
*Translator/Proofreader at ITR (International Translation Resources Ltd)
Proofreading & editing of technical manuals - freelance work (May 09 – to present)
* Arabic teacher (private tuition) Conversation-Piece.co.uk ( March 09 – to present)
Teaching Arabic to non-native speakers (all aspects of the language).
*Note taker & support worker / Randstad (UK) employment agency (Nov 08 – to present)
Note-taking & general support work for disabled students at some universities in London
* Interpreter at St George Hospital/Croydon (March 09 - January 09) (South London)
General interpreting & translation work (voluntary work)
* DP World and Merrill Lynch (2007-2008) - freelance work
Proof-read / edited Dubai World Investor’s Guide to shares, Eng /Arabic versions
*Translator/Interpreter Renegade Pictures (UK), Ltd.
(http://www.renegadepictures.co.uk/) London, U.K. 19/12/06 to 15/01/08.
Contracted with above company as Translator/Interpreter (English <> Arabic)
NB In addition to the Iraqi dialect, i speak and understand all GCC (United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrin) countries dialects as i have lived in Kuwait for 14 years.
* Abu-Ghazalla Intellectual Property Group. Amman, Jordan, 12/02/02 to 31/05/04.
Worked as an intellectual property assistant; duties included general office work, mainly commercial correspondence with clients to file and preparing trademark files in English & Arabic, plus translation.
* Abu-Amara Translation Bureau - Amman, Jordan, 1998-2003
My own business, providing the following services:
translation of medical, mechanical and computer technical documents and literature
translation of business and legal documents.
* Simultaneous Interpreting
* Working with the BigWord and Alpha Consulting as interpreter (interpreting at prisons, courts, hospitals…etc) 2007- to present.
* Dr. Robin Lawrence of 96 Harley Street - London, U.K., August, 2006
Interpretation between the doctor and his Libyan client receiving medical treatment for two consecutive days.
* Expert Dialogue and Regional Consultation for the drafting of the UN Convention on the
Human Rights of People with Disabilities - Amman, Jordan, 2003
Duties included interpreting for and between the delegations of doctors, physiotherapists and specialists from different European Union & Arab states and the Arab World.
* British American Tobacco, Pall Mall Cigarettes Market Research - Jordan, May 2003
Duties were interpreting between Arabic and English for the companies’ researchers.
* Sermons at Al Madina mosque - Oxford City, U.K., 1994-1995
- I have translated some articles (English to Arabic) for Qatar Sport magazine, published by the Qatar Olympic Committee.
Pricing / Other services
pricing depends on the nature of work