• 2004-2005: Master’s degree in Translation and IT, UAB, Barcelona
• 2004: Certificate of Sworn Translator (English to Catalan), UAB, Barcelona
• 2000-2004: Degree in Translation and Interpreting in English and German, UAB, Barcelona
• Jan 2007 - Currently: Freelance translator:
- IT translation: software and user guides for the latest Sony and Huawei mobiles, security reference manuals for Ricoh printers (technical troubleshooting, server and authentication explanations, etc.), PlayTV software for PS3, PC system requirements and technical specs for manuals for several games, software content for ROK TV, Glu Wap shop, among other projects.
- Videogame localisation: translation of manuals, in-game text, GUI, menu items, dialogues, tutorials, help texts, marketing, press releases, legal documents, technical specs, etc. for the main platforms PS4, PS3, PS2, PSP, Vita, 3DS, DS, WiiU, Wii, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC and mobile devices (list of major games on demand) for renowned publishers like SEGA, SOE, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Konami, Rising Star, THQ, Glu, Alawar, Gameloft, among many others.
- Website localisation: content for several games’ websites, game websites QA, other various websites, like (list on demand).
- Marketing translation: PR and marketing descriptions of numerous videogames for Apple’s App Store and Alawar website, advertising leaflets of several campaigns for Michelin, Servirueda, Vialider, etc.
- General translation: examples - Ethics book for L’Oréal, text for the Expo Zaragoza ’08, conference agenda for an OECD Forum, PIARC Risk management approach.
- Legal translation: T&Cs, EULAs, privacy policies, image right agreements, etc. for numerous games and websites.
- Proofreading: final game translations and TRCs before submitting, screen checks for several games, review of official University of Cambridge International Examinations for ICT Starters, etc.
• Jul 2006 – Jan 2007: Localisation QA Technician and translator at the company 2K Games, London (ensure in-game quality of Spanish translation, check Sony and Microsoft’s standards, etc.)
• Oct 2005 – Jun 2006: Foreign Language Assistant at St. Thomas More Language College, Chelsea, London.
• Summer 2005: Translator and proofreader at Bluechip Translations, Barcelona.
• Oct 2004 – Jun 2005: English teacher for adults at a Cultural Centre, Barcelona.
• Oct 2003 – Jun 2004: English teacher for businessmen, at Visteon, Igualada.
• Spanish: mother tongue
• Catalan: mother tongue
• English: proficiency writing and speaking skills, Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge University.
• German: advanced writing skills and upper-intermediate speaking skills
• Portuguese: intermediate writing skills, basic speaking skills
• French: intermediate writing skills, basic speaking skills
• Japanese: basic writing and speaking skills; Certificate of Level 4
Pricing / Other services
Specialization in Website localisation and video games translation/QA
English to Catalan/Spanish: 0,07 €
German to Catalan/Spanish 0,09 €