- Interpreting (cons.)
- Interpreting (simult.)
Full-time Freelance Arabic <> English Translator, Localizer and Outsourcer
Mobile: +2010 75 4 35 27
Date of Birth: 22/2/1982
Place of Birth: AL- Mansoura
Marital Status: Married
Military Status: Exempted
English <=> Arabic
B.A., English Language, Department of Simultaneous Interpretation, Faculty of Languages & Translations, Al-Azhar University, Egypt.
As aforementioned, I graduated from Al-Azhar University, which considers the most prestigious university in the Arab world; therefore, my Arabic is of an excellent command.
Two and a half years of experience in the field of translation and localization. During this period, I have been translating miscellaneous subject fields, and acquiring well experience in dealing with the most complicated texts.
Computer Literacy & CAT tools
• MS Office 2003/2007
• SDL TRADOS 2006
• TagEditor 2006
• STAR Transit XV
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Acrobat
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
I provide timely, accurate, reliable and viable translation services including but not limited to the following subject fields:
• Software & Hardware
• Marketing & promotion
• Medicine & pharmaceuticals
• Legal Documentations
• Advertising & Public Relations
• Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng
• Business & Commerce
• Automotive/Cars & Trucks
• Investment & Securities
• Environment & Ecology
• Internet & e-Commerce
• Education & Pedagogy
• Mining & Minerals/Gems
• Military & Defense
• Petroleum Eng/Sci
• Printing & Publishing
• Journalism and much more
2008 to date – Full-time Freelance Translator & Loclizer
• Provide translation, editing, and proofreading services for vast rang of materials including but not limited to: User Manuals, Financial, Legal, Marketing, IT (Information Technology), Medical, Pharmaceuticals, Software, Hardware, Printers, Cameras, Journalism, and much more….
• Provide localization services for: Websites, Resource files & Graphics, Images, Icons & Help files & Read-me files & User guides & Audio & Packaging & Warranty cards & Software licenses, Legal disclaimers and much more….
• Carry out quality assurance for all the translated materials for achieving the optimum quality.
• Lead a team of freelance translators. If a project in hand is large, I select and assign the right translator/localizer whose experience relates to subject field required. I offer linguistic, stylistic and grammatical advices to freelancers for the premium quality.
• Provide technical assistance to freelancers using CAT tools, i.e. (Trados, SDLX, Transit and Helium), for the highest consistency and quality.
• Coordinate, organize and manage all language related issues.
• Act as high-level editor and format checker.
• Make project schedules based on the instruction provided by the client.
• Take the responsibility of meeting delivery deadline, without compromising on the highest quality.
• Assign a professional DTP specialist, in case the material requires some skillful touches.
• Make sure that deliverables are flawless and error-free.
• Make sure that layout matches the source file.
• Provide sequential reporting on the project progress and updates.
• Perfectly handle client's feedbacks until he/she approves the project.
2007 to 2008 - Translator & Localizer (Future Group)
• Translate and localize major projects including user manuals, web pages and brochures for reputable clients such as Microsoft, Nokia, and Cisco. During this period I have been taking part in the translation and localization of one of the most important Cisco courses (IT Essential).
• For the company I have been participating in the translation of Microsoft web contents, readme files, and documentations. There are also huge number of words I have translated for the company in various fields including software, printers, general, and more.
2006 to 2007 – Translator & Localizer (Saudisoft)
• Translate and localize User Assistance (UA), User Interface (UI), Read-me files, user guides, packaging software license and legal disclaimers, and tutorials. I take pride in participating in the Arabic localization of Widows Vista operating system and Office 2007 Suite.
2005 to 2006 – Translator & Localizer (AIS: Arabic Integrated Services )
Take part in translating and localizing software programs, user manuals, legal documents, brochures, medical and technical reports and marketing, business and financial materials for clients such as Nokia, TOSHIBA, and more.
Among the clients I have been translating materials are: Oracle, Intel, Siemens, HP, Nokia, Microsoft, Samsung, TOSHIBA, Rieter, and some many others.