Sondess Omar Jardaoui
Profile: Female, 30, Married
Current Location: Bahrain
Position: Translator, communication and Media Officer
Current Employer: French Embassy (Reporting to: Ambassador)
Jan 2007 – Now: French Embassy Manama, Bahrain
Translator and Media officer
My job mainly consists in handling the local media:
- Translations from French into English and Arabic are daily performed to update the website of the Embassy and for the communication services of the consular or/and cultural departments.
- Monitoring the local media, Arabic and English press, Local TV.
- Presenting a daily press summary to the political team. Translating into French the most important comments published especially in the Arabic media.
- Preparing Arabic, French and English press releases and public diplomacy information for publication in local media and embassy website.
- Arranging and managing press coverage at embassy events.
- Assist with embassy’s information gathering and political reporting
- Project management.
- Translating into Arabic, French and English note verbales. These are the external communications between the French and the Bahraini governments.
- Providing the Ambassador with a full translation into Arabic and English of the speeches to be delivered in ceremonies.
- Supplying necessary translations in Arabic and English of flyers and invitations.
- Translating contracts and agreements (cultural, political, medical and military) in English and Arabic and proofreading/ supplying the French version of them.
- Translation of PowerPoint presentations from Arabic to English.
- Providing the Culture and Heritage Sector (within the Ministry of Information and Culture) with translations for common agreements with the French Embassy and/or documents when joint conferences are held.
- Translating into French the diplomas of students participating in training courses organized by the French Embassy.
Sep 2006 - Jan 2007: A private school, Bahrain and a Private language Institute, Bahrain
Teacher of English
Teaching English in a private school and in a private language institute in Bahrain.
Sep 2003 - Jun 2006 Ministry of Education Tunis, Tunisia
After having obtained the Certificate of Aptitude to Teaching English in High schools (CAPES Certificate/ permit), I taught English from 2003 till 2006 before moving to the Kingdom of Bahrain. Teaching the English grammar, reading and writing had been my main task during three years in Tunisia.
I performed numerous translation projects:
- Translation from Arabic into French of a book of poetry for the Bahraini poet Ali Jallawi (Arabic-French) (2007)
- Translation of the UN Habitat Book for the Prime Minister Court (PMC) (English- French) (type of document: history/biography) (2009)
- Legal translation/agreement: Tadhamon Capital Bank, Bahrain (TC) (English-Arabic) (2009)
- Translation from English into Arabic of Medical brochures for a rehabilitation center (Taaheel Rehabilitation Center-Bahrain) – (English-Arabic) (2009)
- Oct 1998 - Aug 2003 University of Human and Social sciences Tunis, Tunisia
English with a major in linguistics, Bachelor (BSc/BA)
- Jun 2003 - Aug 2003: University of Wales Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
End of studies training course diploma
- Sep 2003 - Sep 2004: Ministry of Education Tunis, Tunisia
Certificate of Aptitude to the Teaching of English in Secondary Schools (CAPES)
2003: Master’s thesis research about the Arabic linguistics in the linguistic theories.
2005: Pedagogical memoir research about How to overcome difficulties in speaking/ listening English for non native speakers.
Pricing / Other services