Education (in chronological order)
• Degree in Geography ; University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Science and Mathematics, Department of Geography, 1992.
• Certificates of Achievement in Computing and Computer Programming, 1995-96.
• Certificate in Teaching English , Trinity College London (TESOL), 1998.
• Proof-reader training by Chapterhouse, 1998.
Subjects of expertise (as studied at University)
- Climatology & Meteorology
- Economic Geography
- Environment Protection
- Population Geography
- Urban Geography
- Space (Urban) Planning
- World's regions
Fields of specialisation (in alphabetical order):
Advertising & Marketing
Business & Finance
Computing / Web
Gastronomy (Food & Cookery)
Geography (Earth Sciences, Geology, Environment)
Trade (export-import manuals, contracts and tenders)
Travel & Tourism, etc.
Pricing / Other services
Skills & Abilities & Competence:
Hungarian as native language – grew up and educated in a bilingual environment, in Vojvodina a multiethnic, multilingual and multicultural province of (the former) Yugoslavia. Spent a number of years in Britain working and studying;
Translation work: over two decades experience as freelance translator, from English into Hungarian and/or Serbo-Croat (often referred to as Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin separately);
A thorough knowledge of the region (former Yugoslavia, Hungary, Central Europe) in terms of its geography, economy, peoples, mentality, the languages referred to and much more;
Sound experience in proof-reading, checking/editing, QArReview and subtitling;
Computer literacy and familiarity with various software (SDL Trados Studio, Wordfast);
Designed and published own website, see: