- Interpreting (cons.)
- Interpreting (simult.)
(+44) 7540 067282
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
St Catherine’s College, University of Oxford
MA: 2.1 – Allan Bullock Award; Mensa IQ 163
BPP University College, London
LLB (Hons): 2.1 – highest recorded mark in any BPP Company Law written assessment
LPC: Commendation – electives in Insurance Law, Advanced Litigation, Commercial and IP law
· Legal Translation and proofreading of documents and transcripts from/to Portuguese, German and French: annual reports, contracts and sub-contracts, public tenders, employment contracts, insurance contracts, Charter Parties, etc.;
· Interpreter for NHS clients; translation clients include: Coca-Cola, Shell, Petrobras, Brazilian Air Force, FenderCare, Lincas, Odebrecht, New York attorneys, Congo mining company, Moroccan telecom, etc.
· Currently: in the last months I have translated:
- Charter Party contracts for Service Vessels between UK supplier, the Angolan subsidiary and clients [shipping, Portuguese]
- Pre-trial Directions Submissions for a semiconductor company, concerning international jurisdiction [employment, French]
- A Swiss Share Transfer Agreement [corporate, French]
- The decision of an Austrian appellate court [EU/ECJ Directives, German]
- Disclosure documentation for international litigation [German]
- Overnight Family Court translation - a French divorce translation for Israeli client
- Witness statement civil litigation translation; German to English
- Media: WWII documentary translation: French/English
- Emergency amended contract translation, German to English
- IP: international Lexis Nexis translation:
- Shipping Contract Translation from Italian into English.
- Moroccan Service Level Agreement, IT translation.
- Austin, Texas, urgent contract translation from French into US English.
- Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, urgent translation from French to English, family court.
- Senegalese Civil and Criminal appellate court decisions, French
- Democratic Republic of the Congo mining Joint Venture Agreement, French
- Scientific academic research publication, German
- Brazilian Airport construction public tender, Portuguese
- German marketing publication
- French engineering tender
- Austrian Real Estate contract
- German research thesis translation
- Guinea World Bank assessment translation
Citizens Advice Bureau
· Fully trained adviser with extensive case management experience.
· Interviewing clients and preparing meeting notes.
· Drafting letters of advice; advising clients in relation to legal issues.
· Researching legal points and presenting research to the supervising manager.
BPP’s Pro Bono Services, (The Apex Trust): legal translation work.
NOTE: LATE PAYMENTS: in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented to incorporate European Directive 2000/35/EC on combating late payment in commercial transactions, including the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 (SI 2002 No 1674), late payments shall automatically incur an additional fixed penalty charge of £40 for invoices up to £1000, £70 for invoices from £1000- £10,100 AS WELL AS 8% over the UK base rate of interest, currently 0.5%.
With this in mind, I look forward to hearing from you.
John Kingsmore MA (Ox), LLB, LPC
Pricing / Other services
For French/Spanish/Portuguese, my standard rate is £0.09/source word – but this is negotiable. For volume (e.g over 5000 source words, for instance), I would usually discount this by 10%, or more, depending on the actual word count.
German’s the only one I can’t be too flexible with, since it takes much longer, the target word count is generally more than the source, etc: £0.1/source word...