Thank you for visiting my profile!
I am an experienced translator/proofreader with over 3 years of experience. I offer quick turnaround and high quality translation/language reviewing from English/Spanish to French.
My skills in a nutshell:
- French Native Speaker in Canada since 2010
- Translation and proof-reading experience (in-house and freelancing) in multiple industries including Business, Marketing, Technology, Arts and entertainment, Non-profit/Humanitarian, Food, Environment, Tourism....
- Associate member of STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Colombia), English to French
- Master's degree in LEA (Langues Étrangères Appliquées) - Foreign Languages (English, Spanish) applied to International Affairs
- International work experience and multicultural awareness - lived in Spain, England, France and Canada
- Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, In-Design, Trados Studio.
- Keen eye for detail and excellent research, time management, and writing skills
I welcome all kind of brochures, leaflets, user's manuals, websites, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, reports, scripts, subtitles, logo and labels, legal documents, resumes, personal correspondence and essays.
Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if I can help you with your current or upcoming projects.
- Freelance English/Spanish to French Translator - 2012 - Today - Worldwide
Working on various types of translation, proofreading, transcription and captioning projects (Globalme, Translators without Borders, Sfera Studio, Modus Operandi, Premium Brands Holdings Corporation, Cycle City Tours…)
- Best Buy Canada - 2014 - Today - Vancouver, Canada - Consumer electronics retailer
French Translator and copy editor
* Translating, proofing and copy-editing French marketing content for external audiences, including all print and digital flyers, signage, catalogues, e-newsletters, product sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
* Supporting internal clients to achieve their sales and marketing goals
* Maintaining translation glossaries, conducting terminology research
* Collaborating with other departments, especially with SEO and Content teams to make sure that French communication is optimized in Quebec, or Merchandising team to ensure compliance with the vendors Marketing standards and requirements
* Working closely with graphic designers and English Copy Editor to improve consistency between French and English and meet tight deadlines
- SONATI - 2014 - León, Nicaragua - Environmental education and Tourism (NGO)
*Translated the NGO’s websites and various documents into French as needed
*Guide Interpreter during a few treks to volcanoes around the city
* 3-week mission in the school of a small rural community as an English teacher for kids aged 4 to 12 and adults willing to learn
- Angel Canada Enterprises - 2011 - Burnaby, Canada - Medical infusion devices
English to French and English to Spanish: brochures, user’s manuals, technical sheets, banners, email marketing and business correspondence. Liaison Interpreting between English, Spanish and French during the Medica show in Dusseldorf and the Fime show in Miami.
- ARCALT - 21st Latin American Film Festival - 2009 - Toulouse, France
Provided consecutive interpreting between French and Spanish to assist Latin-American movie makers with screening introductions and interviews.
- Collecte Localisation Satellites - 2008 - Toulouse, France - Satellites and Radars applications for sustainable fisheries
Editing or Translation in English, French and Spanish of brochures, email marketing, postcards, PowerPoint presentations, website information.
Pricing / Other services
Translation: US$0.09 to 0.12 per word depending on volume, deadline and type of text.
Proofreading: US$20 hourly