- FREELANCER 2012 - PRESENT
• Working as a freelancer translator for major clients, e.g. Moravia, KJI, Vocalink, MayFlower, OSW, Global Lingo, etc.
• My Proz Profile: http://www.....com/profile/1177004.
- CRYSTAL MINDS, CAIRO, EGYPT - TILL 2014
- SAUDISOFT (MICROSOFT PARTNER), CAIRO, EGYPT - TILL 2012
TRANSLATION TEAM LEADER
• Directly supervise translation teams and provide effective leadership.
• Coach members of the Translation Team on various fields of translations, and provide advice whenever needed.
• Allocate Translation Team on projects, prioritize their work to meet projects deadlines and follow up on work progress.
• Responsible for the overall profitability of the translation unit.
• Ensure Translators’ understanding of the original files, monitor files rewriting in the target language, and review the final version of translated files so as to ensure that the meaning of the source text is retained.
• Perform regular QA checks to make sure the quality delivered is compliant with company’s quality standards.
• Set, monitor and maintain translation unit objectives which comply with the company mission and vision.
• Manage translation style guides, references, guidelines and feedback systems.
• Maintain the availability of specialized dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to aid translators find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used.
• Ensure a smooth work environment for Translation Team members by solving any conflict that may rise or hinder their productivity.
• Provide full linguistic support to translation teams.
• Work closely with the Operations Director and other operations teams on overall process optimization.
- MEBS INTERNATIONAL MAY 2010 – JULY 2010
• Handling translation works for Media Materials
- ARABIZE COMPUTER SERVICE (TRANSLATION COMPANY) Oct 2004 – May 2010
• Handling translation/localization work in different fields with the highest quality according to the project guidelines and within the defined deadline.
• Handling translation in many fields; Legal, Financial, Software, Fashion, E-commerce, Help, Medical, Marketing, Web pages, Documentations, Manuals, Electronics, etc.
• Handling translation projects for many leading companies; Microsoft, HP, Canon, Nokia, Kodak, Emirates, Google, etc.
• Searching the internet for the proper references needed to complete the required project using all possible search tricks and search engines.
• Handling technical assignments; online revision, software test, bug fixing, etc.
• Handling revision assignments.
• Handling leadership responsibilities; leading teams of translators in many projects.
• Reporting to the project team any necessary corrections, improvement on the files translated to improve the quality of finished work.
• Responsibility of giving feedback and comments in professional way to the project team members on their quality of work when major or consistent errors are noticed.
• Using all the available tools in performing tasks.
• Proofreading the finished work before delivering.
- THE ADVANCED SCHOOL FOR HOTEL AFFAIRS AND TOURISM SERVICES March 2004 – July 2004
6th October city, Egypt
• To prepare materials required for instructing lessons.
• To recommend extra references to students when required.
• To carry instruction task within the specified time.
Pricing / Other services
0.05 to 0.10 per source word.