This job posting is CLOSED. No quotes can be placed
Become a TRADUguide member to quote on future jobs like this. Click here to register!
Potential request for translation quotes from freelance translators (no agencies please)
Chinese > English (US): English Language Localization Specialist needed in Beijing
This is a full time job base in Beijing
1. Create, transcreate, translate, edit and highly visible marketing, product, Ads and legal content
2. Proofread translations delivered by LSPs to ensure premium quality and market suitability
3. Organize trainings and feedback sessions for translators from LSPs to
giving them clear and concise language-specific guidelines
4. Answer and maintain queries from LSPs
5. Define and maintain linguistic standards such as localization style guide, terminology database and specific instructions
6. Lead language quality improvement (QI) initiatives at the language level
7. Liaise with marketing, product, Ads Content Control and sales teams to understand their specific requirements and quality expectations.
1. Native English Speaker is a MUST, American English is preferable
2. Ability to use Chinese fluently and idiomatically
3. BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience is required
4. 5+ years of experience in localization, journalism, copy editing, content authoring or writing, online marketing/advertising or similar
5. Strong syntactic and semantic skills to make critical judgments with confidence about the translation quality and accuracy
6. Detail-oriented, quality-focused with the ability to manage multitasks affectively
7. Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
8. Familiarity with computer-aided translation platforms or tools such as SDL Studio, XTM Cloud or WorldServer
9. Knowledge of localization processes is a plus
10. Cross-functional collaboration experience in working with stakeholders from Product, Marketing and Technical teams is a plus.
Native language: English
About the outsourcer
The outsourcer information has been removed because this job posting has already been closed.
You cannot place a quote anymore because this job posting has already been closed.
Subscribed to calls for feedback?
When subscribed you will receive requests to leave feedback on translation outsourcers.
Click here to subscribe.