TRADUguide - Your Guide to Translators and Translation Agencies

For translators

Find a job  |   Conges terminology center  |   Agencies list  |   Feedback forum
Register as a freelance translator or an agency  |   My profile  |   My status
Become a featured member  |   Renew your featured membership

For job posters

Post a translation job to ask for quotes
Browse the translators directory
My account / My job postings

Home   |   This is how TRADUguide works   |   Contacts / Imprint auf Deutsch

Conges terminology question

<<Previous question

All questions

Next question>>

15 months ago

Ana Florencia Fernández  See profile asked this question:

Language pair:

Spanish > English


Law / Certificates

Level of diffculty:

Difficult / demanding

Word or term in question:



Hi. In a Guatemalan divorce decree, there is a seal that reads: "Registro Nacional de las Personas. RENAP. Departamento de documentos notariales. OPERADO."

I wonder what it means in Spanish in this case and what would be a good translation, please.

Thank you in advance for your help.




divorce, certificates



The answer of Angel L. Perez  See profile was rated best


My comment:

Under the official Marriage Certifications Manual from Guatemala, any Certificate needs to be entered into the system by an Official "OPERADOR REGISTRAL" (REGISTRY OPERATOR). And the action of registering the information in their system and producing the corresponding document for the interested party is REGISTERING and making official said information and record. See the attached manual, and I hope this helps.

My references:

Here is the official procedure manual from the Government of Guatemala - National Persons Registry (RENAP)for reference: