TRADUguide - Your Guide to Translators and Translation Agencies

For translators

Find a job  |   Conges terminology center  |   Agencies list  |   Feedback forum
Register as a freelance translator or an agency  |   My profile  |   My status
Become a featured member  |   Renew your featured membership

For job posters

Post a translation job to ask for quotes
Browse the translators directory
My account / My job postings

Home   |   This is how TRADUguide works   |   Contacts / Imprint auf Deutsch

Conges terminology question

<<Previous question

All questions

Next question>>

19 months ago

Rosa (a guest user) asked this question:

Language pair:

French > English


Law / Certificates

Level of diffculty:

Easy / medium

Word or term in question:

en retour d'équerre au fond


In a real estate context:

Un bâtiment contigu en retour d'équerre au fond, élevé sur terre plein d'un rez de chaussée et d'un premier étage

So, this is what I think..."en retour d'équerre" meaning at right angles, but then I'm not getting "au fond" the back? Or on the bottom? Ugh, in theory simple words but still unclear



The answer of plaisirsdelavie  See profile was rated best

an adjoining two-storey building raised on a platform, set at right angles in the back

My comment:

I think it can only mean in the back since it is on a "terre-plein" (there should be a hyphen between terre and plein). it is like a perpendicular wing.